The Scalabrini International Migration Institute (SIMI) is an international academic Institute attached to the Urbaniana Pontifical University.
It aims to promote:
- research and study of human mobility through interdisciplinary criteria of evaluation;
- formation of professional activities with the academic dimension by means of suitable study curricula;
- preparation of professional activities connected with the operative dimension, by offering courses for updating, qualification/improvement and ongoing formation.
Every year the Scalabrini International Migration Institute – SIMI in collaboration with Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Fondazione Migrantes, Fondazione ISMU and Agenzia Scalabriniana per la Cooperazione allo Sviluppo (ASCS Onlus) organizes the Summer School on “Human Mobility and Global Justice“, which conducts the analysis of migratory phenomena in a wider reflection that includes the question of justice in all its implications (economic, political, social, cultural and ethical).
In all its formation programs SIMI:
- promotes the methodology of interchange and dialogue between the various disciplines;
- pays particular attention to issues of human promotion, of intercultural relations and interreligious dialogue;
- cooperates with Federation of the Centers of Study JB Scalabrini, with academic institutions and international entities involved in the study and research of human mobility;
- it prefers the intercultural and interdisciplinary approach in the plan of studies, in the teaching staff and in the worldwide users, whom it seeks to reach.
SIMI is meant for those who seek qualification or updating on various aspects of human mobility, which represents one of the great ongoing challenges for the Church and civil society.